We are a busy, bustling office helping our community with all sorts of problems. We require more admin help to support our friendly, hard-working advice team.
Could this be you?
- OK with computers (e.g. using various applications, copy & paste, emails, editing spreadsheets)
- Excellent written communicator
- Can follow established processes and ask for help if needed
- Excellent front-of-house skills both face to face and via telephone
- Team player keen to contribute to team goals
In return, we can offer:
- A supportive and dynamic working environment
- Opportunity to develop skills and/or learn new ones
- All training provided
- Opportunity to grow, useful if seeking paid employment
- Can be very flexible around the times available
- All reasonable expenses paid
- A reference after 6 months of service
- IT skills e.g. able to create, edit and take management of documents, use email
- Administrative e.g. dealing with established processes and tasks, able to work efficiently and conscientiously with great attention to detail
- Personable and friendly with visitors to the charity (clients, tradespeople and others)
- Communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must
Our building is fully accessible, with a disabled bathroom and a hearing loop too.
- Age restrictions
Our volunteers may be aged from 16+.
- DBS check required
DBS checks are only required in certain posts.
- Disabled Access
- Equal Opportunities Policy
Yes, detailed as part of the application process
- Expenses reimbursed
- Health and Safety Policy
- Ongoing support
Lots of this - the landscape changes quickly and we need to adapt to changing needs and conditions. Always lots of support and training on offer and yearly progress reviews too.
- Training provided
- Volunteer induction
- Volunteer Policy
- Volunteers covered by insurance
- Written role description
When can I volunteer?
Start Date: 28/06/2023
End Date: 31/12/2024
Our service is open Monday to Thursday from 10-12 for our triage sessions and from 10-4 for pre-booked appointments. Our volunteers come in for a team briefing at 9.30 and offer a variety of hours depending on their circumstances. Our Volunteer Agreement requests that a minimum of 6 hours a week be given and this can be worked in 1 day, or across 2 if preferred (many volunteers give more than 6 hours). We are very flexible in how we work and appreciate that lives can be complicated - do discuss this with us if needed.
101 Leigh Road
SCRATCH - Southampton City & Region Action To Combat Hardship
The Pavilion on the Park - EYCT